Millom School is a great place to come and learn, work and play. My commitment to you is to ensure that your child feels safe, happy and secure and able to make good personal and academic progress during their time with us.
The size of the school allows us to get to know our students well and to develop our students’ confidence to ensure that they achieve as well as the possibly can. At Millom School we have high expectations of behaviour and academic effort and are focused on providing the best possible learning environment and opportunities for your child. Millom School is a great school at the heart of its community and I am proud to be its Headteacher.
What we want to achieve
We aim to:
- Improve educational outcomes for all learners
- Improve the performance of every subject department
- Train and develop our staff to be the best they can be
- Develop the school site and facilities, buildings and classroom equipment
- Maintain and develop a positive, outward facing and inclusive school
- Ensure school leavers know right from wrong, have respect for themselves and others, and are well-skilled (particularly in literacy and numeracy) and employable
Matt Savidge Headteacher